NEW BEDFORD, Mass. (WPRI) - The American Red Cross is helping a New Bedford family ousted from their home by fire.
Flames broke out around 8:30 p.m. Thursday in a three-story home on Myrtle Street.
Deputy Chief Paul Coderre told Eyewitness News the fire started on the second floor before spreading up the home.
He also said, the design of the home made it more difficult to fight because the flames would start going in between the floor spaces.
No one was injured in the fire.
However, two adults were left without a place to live.
The American Red Cross said it provided that family with temporary shelter, emergency funds for food, clothing and shoes. Volunteers also provided the victims with comfort packs.
Officials are still searching for a cause.